The caring staff from Embassy Healthcare is always available to answer questions, provide assistance or simply offer a shoulder to lean on. Call 888-975-1379 to schedule a tour or discuss admissions to one of our senior care communities.
Read on to learn more about our admissions process.
The admissions process is designed to help residents and their families in review, understand and accommodate their individual needs. Our staff is available during the entire process to answer your questions and provide information about all the senior care services available at Embassy Healthcare facilities, as well as services available in the surrounding community.
Our Admission Process
1. If you're interested in a specific Embassy Healthcare community, call the location directly to speak with an on-site admissions representative and make arrangements to tour the community.
- If the future resident is currently in the hospital, please make your admissions representative aware, or have your social worker/case manager contact the location for you.
2. If the future resident is NOT currently in the hospital or at another senior care facility, he or she will need to be seen by their physician and obtain a medical history and physical no more than 5 days before admission.
3. If the future resident is coming from home or another residential community, he or she must have a chest x-ray no more than 90 days before the date of admission.
4. If eligible, you should apply for financial assistance (i.e., Medicaid) BEOFRE the date of admission.
- If you have already filed for Medicaid, please supply us with a copy of the Medicaid application or a copy of the future resident's Medicaid card.
- If you need help applying for Medicaid, our team is happy to assist.
5. When you decide to make Embassy Healthcare your new home, please supply us with a copy of these important papers at the time of admission.
- Power of Attorney form
- Living will
- Legal guardianship forms
- Insurance cards
- Medicaid card
- Social security card
If you have any questions regarding the admissions process to an Embassy Healthcare community, feel free to contact our general Admissions Department or a social worker at 888-975-1379.
Questions & Answers
Question: How much furniture should we move?
Answer: We encourage residents to make Embassy Healthcare his or her new home. As long as there isn't a safety issue, ensure your senior has plenty of items to enhance his or her happiness and comfort.
Question: How many showers are offered per week?
Answer: This is based on the resident's personal preference, doctor's orders and the resident's past history.
Question: Is there a choice for meals? Are there snacks? How many of each are offered?
Answer: Residents are offered three meals per day, and snacks are provided throughout the day as needed. All of our communities offer different meal plans, so residents may have a choose to dine in the community dining room, order from an "a la carte" fine dining menu, or select alternate choices from a planned menu.
Question: Where do residents eat?
Answer: Each community has beautiful, spacious dining rooms, and we encourage all residents to enjoy their meals in the dining area to socialize and meet friends. Residents may also choose to eat in their rooms.
Question: Is there an entertainment center?
Answer: Each community has a full recreation schedule that provides wellness, social, entertainment and educational activities.
Question: Can residents utilizing Medicaid participate in activities?
Answer: Yes, every resident is provided with activities regardless of their pay source.
Question: How do residents go to the bank, drug store, or a doctor's visit?
Answer: Each community coordinates transportation for every resident to attend any visits.
Question: How is laundry done?
Answer: All laundry is labeled, washed, dried and delivered back to residents on a daily basis. Family has the option of washing their loved one's laundry, as well.
Question: Is smoking allowed?
Answer: Our communities have designated smoking areas for residents.